Monday, August 10, 2026

Oh yes, and the other happening is that an old cyst which had been inactive for decades decided to abscess, so I had to go for an I&D at CityMD last Monday. It's still weeping a bit and I can't properly bandage it because of where it is, but I've been managing.

Luckily they also prescribed me antibiotics so that should help prevent infection too, and it there's no visible sign of infection currently. I managed to get a last minute cancellation at my mom's dermatologist on Wednesday morning though, so I'll see what the professionals have to say. I'm anticipating they'll want to take the cyst out, but that's more surgery than a quick office visit will provide, so that will be pushed forward.

One of the suckier things about cirrhosis is that bleeding increases and immune response decreases, so it can cause weird shit like this to happen. But I'm aware of it, and addressed this quickly enough (and even left during work) that it didn't go systemic. If I live like I'm 30 years older than my actual age, I find that's just about where I land. Oh well, this too shall pass. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home