Sunday, July 19, 2026

I made my first offer on a condo this weekend. I doubt I'll get it, since I went in $50,000 below asking price and the market around here is hot as all get-out, but it's a valiant effort and an introduction to the process at least, since I've never done it, and my parents last house-hunted in 1984 (their current retirement home was built from a model on demand). 

 If I do get it, however, I would be absolutely ecstatic, even if it's not 100% perfect (bent garage door, no tub, only showers, overly finished basement, etc), but it has to be affordable for me. Yes, I live in a community with a lot of rich people. No, I'm not rich, sadly.

 So even if I don't get it, it's not the end of the world. I've spoken to the property manager and if my search drags on, they will work with me when I would need to get out of the lease. And if something comes up with my requirements/location, and I hopefully could get something even more reasonable price-wise, I'm ready to pull that trigger. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home