Sunday, August 30, 2026

 It's hard to believe I will be closing one month from now. How insane is that?! I submitted a list for repairs/credits including the basic problem of attic fan is broken for her to offer $500. Really? You can't buy a new fan and hire an electrician to go up in the attic to reinstall one for less than $1,000 probably. 

Tomorrow I'll call my lawyer and we'll work out his response to her lawyer, but I'm angling for $1,000 minimum, $1,500 preferably, but we'll see. I don't want this dragged out for nickel & dime purposes, so if push comes to shove I'll eat cost on cracked tiles & do caulk & sealant myself. The attic fan is the big issue and that was in the seller's disclosure, inspection report, and has been known as an issue for a while. The $1,000 to make that whole would be enough.

Going through processes like this drive home yet again just how much I loathe negotiating. A natural next step for some people in my profession is to switch to vendor contracts since we use the databases all of the time, but I would literally quit for my mental health. I can handle limited or personal negotiations, but the stress I feel through my body is undeniable. If that was my job, I would burn out so fast it would be ridiculous. So I'll go on as I have, not making the most or advancing my position, but also sparing my body the inevitable tension when I'm thrust into the spotlight in pretty much any way, shape, or form.

With age does come some wisdom, and I can see now how what I was taught growing up, to push through no matter what, is a terrible fucking idea if it comes at the expense of your health, mental or physical. So yeah, I've resolved never to be in that position again if I can help it, and I'm old enough that I may not be pushed to do so, fingers crossed. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home