Saturday, August 15, 2026

More major hurdles down, yay! The inspection came back clean with just a couple cracks in tiles, caulking, and that broken attic fan which I knew about from the sellers disclosure. I loved this place when I saw it partly because it was old-fashioned, with most of the original finishes still there, but all of it was well taken care of and the utilities were new or almost new. I also finally met the seller who lives with her mother there and they're moving into one of the many retirement communities down the Shore. Both seem like lovely people, she's a nurse, and her mother is still 100% with it mentally, and you could tell they cared about (and for) the place.

 I did something I probably shouldn't have, since I did like them and I could tell they were very nervous about ending up rushed to move or couldn't get a new property in time. Because I'm a sucker, I let them know my real timeline, that my lease is up Dec. 31st, but I want December to move, so Nov. 30th is my hard deadline. That gives them five months from when they put the condo on the market to find somewhere which should absolutely be doable, but I know from watching my family and parents age that the older you are, the longer something takes, and the more nervous the person gets when they feel out of control of the situation.

I suppose I'll find out if I regret that depending on if they have to push the closing date back, but I'm hoping that by acting in good faith myself, it comes back to me as well. Of course there have been many (many, many) times things like that have come back to bite me in the ass, so with a little luck this may not be one of them. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home