Thursday, August 06, 2026

Things are progressing apace (I think) since there are so many goddamn steps in this process, but I'm just trying not to stress too much, and work with all parties involved.

I also realize that my parents are hitting that older state and it's showing. My dad forgets things rather frequently so it's obvious that he's getting dementia (it runs on his side of the family), and his sister giving herself vascular dementia is making my mom crazy since taking care of both of them falls on her. She hates change, and like most older people their capacity to adapt diminishes, but this is emotional change which she hates even more. I'm hoping having an extra bedroom in my place will give her a break for a few days here and there.

So it's on me to be the calm in the storm, research and figure shit out, and hope and pray I did everything necessary and correctly. The stress is brewing in me too, but one thing I got very good at when I was living at my parents among their frequent fights is a sort of dissociation. Like a meditation technique, but more like a small box in my mind. I write down what I need to remember to do later, then lock that thing in the box until I need to revisit it. Weird, I know, but it works fairly well.

We all work out coping skills, healthy or unhealthy. Most of all, this too shall pass, and when it does I will finally own a place! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home